~ my friends ~

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 19, 2009

.: british english vs malaysian english :.


just for fun =)


Who says our English is teruk? Just read below - Ours is simple, short, concise, straight-to-the-point, effective etc.


WHEN GIVING A CUSTOMER BAD NEWS

Britons : I'm sorry, sir, but we don't seem to have the sweater you want in your size, but if you give me a moment, I can call the other outlets for you.


Malaysians : No stock.


RETURNING A CALL
Britons : Hello, this is John Smith. Did anyone call for me a few moments ago?


Malaysians : Hello, who call?


ASKING SOMEONE TO MAKE WAY
Britons : Excuse me, I would like to get by. Would you please make way?


Malaysians : S-kew me.


WHEN SOMEONE OFFERS TO PAY
Britons : Hey! Put your wallet away, this drink is on me.


Malaysians : No need lah.


WHEN ASKING FOR PERMISSION
Britons : Excuse me, but do you think it would be possible for me to enter through this door?


Malaysians : (pointing at the door) Can ah?


WHEN ENTERTAINING
Britons : Please make yourself right at home.


Malaysians : No need shy shy one lah!


WHEN DOUBTING SOMEONE
Britons : I don't recall you giving me the money.


Malaysians : Where got?


WHEN DECLINING AN OFFER
Britons : I would prefer not to do that, if you don't mind.


Malaysians : Don't want lah.



IN DISAGREEING ON A TOPIC OF DISCUSSION
Britons : Err...Tom, I have to stop you there. I understand where you're coming from, but I really have to disagree with what you said about the issue.


Malaysians : You mad ah?


WHEN ASKING SOMEONE TO LOWER THEIR VOICE.
Britons : Excuse me, but could you please lower your voice? I'm trying to concentrate over here.


Malaysians : Shut up lah!


WHEN ASKING SOMEONE IF HE/SHE KNOWS YOU..
Britons : Excuse me, but I noticed you staring at me for sometime. Do I know you?


Malaysians : See what, see what?



WHEN ASSESSING A TIGHT SITUATION .
Britons : We seem to be in a bit of a predicament at the moment..


Malaysians : Die lah!!


WHEN TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT HAD HAPPENED
Britons : Will someone tell me what has just happened?


Malaysians : What happened ah? Why like that one lah?


WHEN SOMEONE DID SOMETHING WRONG
Britons : This isn't the way to do it. Here, let me show you.


Malaysians : Like that also don't know how to do!


WHEN ONE IS ANGRY
Britons : Would you mind not disturbing me?


Malaysians : Celaka you!


So which would you prefer?

No comments: